Friday, May 19, 2017

{We're All Ears} May Creative Challenge (Серьги по заданию, май)

      Hello friends! It's time to reveal my earrings which I’ve made for the monthly challenge «We’re All Ears".
      This month, our theme is: “transformation.” Erin has suggested taking some “trash” and transforming it into something special: in short, make a pair of earrings from some junk/recycled materials.


     Here are the earrings I’ve made:
I used brass shell casings for the earrings. The shell casings were sitting at my desk drawer for 3 years. It was time to throw them away: so I decided to give it a try and make a pair of earrings.
     I cleaned them with ketchup (great cleaner, btw), and then cut them into pieces with my jewelry saw. I sanded them down, and polished with some sand paper. The last stage: I made holes and assembled the earrings adding some glass beads. Voilà! I was pleasantly surprised with the results.


       Thank you for visiting and commenting.
Please, check out my Etsy store for more unique & one-of-a-kind vintage and handmade jewelry. Yours, Oksana.

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to cut the casings with a saw! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I would love to have some brass shell casings like that just lying around! I am impressed that you sawed them... and who knew about ketchup!? Thanks for playing along with me! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is a good use for shell casings. Way to go!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shell casings? Really? I would've never guessed, great project and not an easy one, love the idea of encasing the beads like that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never would have guessed that your earring components started out as bullet casings. That's pretty amazing! Kudos for coming up with an inventive and really attractive design with a super unconventional item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really fabulous! I haven't seen this kind of use for casings before. Very unique. And, ketchup as a cleaner!? Who knew? Awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete